If you or a loved one works in the construction industry, you already know how dangerous many of these jobs can be. Many construction accidents and injuries that have occurred could have been avoided if precautions and protocols were followed by their company. If you happen to be a worker on a construction site, here is a list of duties construction companies should have to protect their workers.
• Areas should have suitable fall protection to protect workers from high impact falls. (This may include guardrails, safety net systems, personal safety lines for workers, and clear markings or barricades around elevator shafts, skylights, and excavations.)
• Lanyards and safety lines should be the right lengths to prevent workers from making contact with the ground in the case of a fall.
• All workers should be required to wear hard hats where there’s danger of objects falling.
• Construction companies should install toe boards, screens and canopies where necessary to protect workers from falling objects from above.
• Employers should inspect scaffolding at the start of work each day to make sure it is safe and not overloaded, checking for points of wear, and taking suitable precautions to make sure the structure is safe.